website new header pic 2.1

Parish Council

Minutes 2 May 2017

Minutes of the Annual General Meeting of the Normanton on Soar Parish Council held in the Hall on Tuesday 2nd  May 2017, commencing at 7.30pm.

Present: J. Hellier (in the Chair), D. Smith, S. Sleight, S. Ponting & D. Alhariri

Apologies for absence: K. Bonser, H. Peberdy, Cllr Brown; Cllr Males & Cllr Thurman.

 

17.47 Election of Chairman

It was moved by S. Sleight seconded by D. Al-hariri and duly carried.

“That Councillor J. Hellier be appointed Chairman for the ensuing year”.

17.48 Election of Vice Chairman

It was moved by S. Sleight and seconded by S. Ponting and duly carried ‘The Councillor D.

Smith be appointed Vice Chairman for the ensuing year”.

17.49 Minutes

The Minutes of Parish Council meeting held on 4th April 2017, as circulated, were agreed and signed as a true record of the business transacted.

No action required.

17.50 Matters Arising.

/1 Item 17.46/5-  An inspection of Butt Lane and Moor Lane has been carried out and repair work orders, where required, have been issued. Nottinghamshire County Council’s Drainage Unit have inspected Butt Lane and there is an issue with the connection of the gully which has been referred to the Principal Highways Office for assessment 

No action required

17.51 Police Matters

/1. Crime Figures

March

Car                   -           0

Burglary          -           1

Other               -           0

No action required.

/2. Police Concerns

No report

No action required.

/3. Community Road Safety Scheme: Data from the recent speed survey on Main Street is to be downloaded and discussed at the next Parish Council meeting.

Action

Clerk to contact J. Bradshaw

 

17.52 Planning

/a. Applications

03.17 Zouch Bridge

Zouch

Replace Zouch Bridge by constructing an off-line replacement bridge immediately to the south of the existing bridge Do Not Object

No action required

 

/b. Decisions

 

01.17 63 Main Street

Normanton on Soar

Two storey side/rear extension, car port to front of garage Grant Permission

No action required

/3 Other planning issues

No report

No action required.

17.53  Correspondence and Reports.

/1 Highway Matters:

/a. NCC Report

No report.

No action required.

 

/b. Drainage – No report

No action required.

 

/c. Zouch Bridge – The negotiations for the purchase of the land necessary to construct the scheme are still ongoing and the relating Compulsory Purchase Orders, together with the associated Side Roads and Bridge Scheme Orders, are to be submitted as soon as possible after the submission for Planning Permission. As a result the start date for the construction phase of the scheme remains unknown but, if there are no objections during the Planning process or during the consideration of the various Legal Orders, a Spring 2018 start date may be possible.

No action required.

/d. Bowleys bridge – Network Rail thanked the Parish Council and residents of Normanton on Soar for their patience whilst works have been progressing. Network Rail confirmed that their upgrade works on the Midland Mainline will now be concentrated mainly in the area between Bedford, Kettering and Corby until December 2019 and they do not anticipate any further works in the area around Normanton on Soar until after this date.

No action required.

/2 Transport Matters (Rail & Bus)

No report

No action required.

 

/3 NCC Items.

No report

No action required.

/4 RBC Items

No report

No action required.

/5. NALC, RCAN & Voluntary Organisations.

No report.

No action required.

/6 Any Other Correspondence.

/a. Email regarding the Village of the Year competition 2017 was circulated and discussed.

Resolved.

  1. Al-Hariri to ask residents at the Annual Parish Meeting if they would be supportive of Normanton on Soar entering the competition

Action

Clerk to liaise with D. Al-Hariri


17.54 Receipts and Payments since last meeting.

            /1 Payments

 

DD Public Works Loan Board £1292.27
1811 J Faulks £125.00
1812 Sage (UK) Ltd (replacement cheque) £187.20
1813 J Faulks £297.87
1814 Inland Revenue £74.40
1815 J Faulks Expenses £43.20
1816 N. Thompson £350.00
1817 D. Hill Fabrications £108.00

No action required

/2 Receipts

Nottinghamshire County Council £6000.00
Website Income £30.00
Allotment Deposit £25.00
Nottinghamshire County Council £320.91
Precept £12985.00

No action required

/3. Other Financial Matters.

No report

No action required

17.55 Playing Field

No report

No action required

17.56 Ferry

1) Neil and Margaret Blyth thanked the Parish Council for a most enjoyable time at the Ferry opening and certainly plan to use the Ferry in the future.

No action required.

2) Chain Ferry warning sign requires cleaning.

Action.

  1. Sleight to clean the sign

 

2) 6ft x 4 ft ‘Caution Ferry Crossing’ sign warning boat users that the Chain Ferry is in operation is to be erected.

Action

  1. Sleight to order sign

 

3) First aid box is to be placed in the Ferry Chalet

Action

  1. Sleight to purchase first aid box.

 

4) Training schedule is in place and is to be used for all Ferry volunteer training sessions.

No action required.

5) Lifebuoy is to be replaced.

Action

  1. Sleight to purchase lifebuoy

6) Ferry takings for April have totaled £383 expenditure includes refreshments for the open day and a float of £37.

17.57 Village Party

1) Village party to take place on 5th August 3.30 – 8.30pm at a cost of £1 per person.

2) Flyers to be delivered to all households in Normanton on Soar

3) S.Sleight and K. Bonser to barbeque at the following cost: beef burgers at £2 each and hot dogs at £1.50 each. Village Hall bar to be open.

5) The following acts have been contacted

Professional classical singer Leah Govier at a cost of £100

Three piece band ‘Married to the Mob’ at a cost of £150

Resolved.

It was resolved to book the above acts.

Proposed S.Sleight

Seconded D. Smith

Motion duly carried.

Action

  1. Ponting to book the acts.

17.58 Allotments

All allotments are currently let.

No action required.

17.59 Matters of Report

1) Reported vandalism during the recent caravan weekend with youths setting fire to a plastic cone.

No action required

2 Vandals have emptied salt from the salt bin out onto Butt Lane and it appears that they have also tried to throw a bag full of salt onto the railway track. Vandalism in the village has increased during the last 12 months. It was felt that the installation of CCTV would help reduce vandalism and help identify the culprits.

No action required

3) The possibility of infill housing on land between Butt Lane and Far Lane was discussed. It was agreed that the possibility of obtaining Conservation Status should be explored.

Action

Clerk to contact Rushcliffe Borough Council

 

4) Dog fouling continues to be a problem around the village, the installation of signage and a dog litter bin on Far Lane was discussed. It was also agreed that the Parish Council should continue to provide dog litter bags.

Action

Clerk to contact Rushcliffe Borough Council

Next Parish Council meeting to be held 1st June 2017 at 7.30pm in the Hall

Meeting closed 20.35 pm.

 

This site is grateful for the support of local businesses and organisations including 

Soar Valley ServicesPeter Tyers AssociatesFarmer & Carlisle
Terracotta - The Old Canteen CafeWizzle

for more information about their goods or services please click on the links above

AmazingCounters.com