bg

Parish Council

Minutes 7 June 2017

Minutes of the Meeting of the Normanton on Soar Parish Council held in the Hall on Wednesday 7th June 2017, commencing at 7.30pm.

 

Present: J. Hellier (in the Chair), D. Smith, S. Sleight, K.Bonser & H. Peberdy

Cllr Brown, Cllr Thurman & Cllr Males

 

Apologies for absence: S. Ponting & D. Alhariri

 

17.60 Minutes

The Minutes of Parish Council meeting held on 2nd May 2017, as circulated, were agreed and signed as a true record of the business transacted.

No action required.

 

17.61Matters Arising.

/1 Item 17.59/3 -  Conservation Area – Rushcliffe Borough Council have not yet responded to our enquiry regarding Conservation Areas.

Action

Clerk to contact Rushcliffe Borough Council

 

/2. Item 17.59/4 – Rushcliffe Borough Council have reviewed the area and Far Lane and found it to be tidy and free from litter and dog mess. They are to monitor the area before installing a litter bin/dog litter bin. It was felt that the area most affected was the gitty between Far Lane and Butt Lane.

Action

Clerk to inform Rushcliffe Borough Council.

 

17.62 Police Matters

/1. Crime Figures

April

Car                   -           1

Burglary          -           0

Other               -           1

No action required.

 

/2. Police Concerns

No report

No action required.

 

/3. Community Road Safety Scheme: Data information from the speed trolley was not able to be downloaded due to a fault with the speed trolley. Changes have been made to the speed trolley which will now enable accurate data to be downloaded.

Action

Clerk to book the Speed Trolley

 

17.63 Planning

/a. Applications

No report

No action required

 

 

 

/b. Decisions

 

02.17 September Place

Far Lane

Normanton on Soar

Two storey side/rear

Extension

Grant Permission

 

No action required

 

/3 Other planning issues

No report

No action required.

 

17.64 Correspondence and Reports.

/1 Highway Matters:

/a. NCC Report

  • Pot hole outside the 83 Main Street has been repaired.

No action required

 

/b. Drainage – No report

No action required.

 

/2 Transport Matters (Rail & Bus)

No report

No action required.

 

/3 NCC Items.

/a. The Draft Nottinghamshire Minerals Local Plan, which had been submitted to the Secretary of State for Examination, has been withdrawn. Officers have been instructed to carry out an immediate review of the methodology used to assess for the need for aggregates taking into account the most up to date data available and are to prepare for the submission of a revised draft Minerals Local Plan.

No action required.

 

/4 RBC Items

/b. The newly appointed Rushcliffe Borough Council Leader is Cllr Simon Robinson who is passionate about pursuing and driving the required changes to promote growth and prosperity for communities in Rushcliffe.

No action required.

 

 

/5. NALC, RCAN & Voluntary Organisations.

No report.

No action required.

 

/6 Any Other Correspondence.

/a. Letter from D. Wild was circulated and discussed. The complaint has been investigated and a formal response will is to sent to Mr Wild.

Action

Clerk to reply

 

/b. Letter from J. Fuller was circulated and discussed. The complaint has been investigated and a formal response is to be sent to Mrs Fuller.

Action

Clerk to reply


17.65 Receipts and Payments since last meeting.

            /1 Payments

 

1818 Sutton Bonington Playscheme £70.00
1819 Playsafety Ltd £84.00
1820 Ladybug Garden Services £231.00
1821 J Siddy £65.00
1822 J Faulks £297.87
1823 Inland Revenue £74.40
1824 J Faulks Expenses £70.53
1825 Ladybug Garden Services £231.00
1826 Nottinghamshire County Council £347.78

 

No action required

 

/2 Receipts

Allotment Rent £203.00
Website Advertising £30.00
Caravan Lets £1160.00

 

No action required

 

/3. Other Financial Matters.

/a. Bank Reconciliation was circulated.

No action required

 

/b. Internal Audit has been completed with no concerns identified. Books were kept in good order.

No action required

 

17.66 Playing Field

No report

No action required

 

/b. Rospa safety check has been carried out with the following medium risks being reported:

  • Tower floor needs replacing
  • Worn grass around multi play and swings both exposing the rubber matting.
  • Bearings are dry on the swings.

Action

  1. Hellier to inspect play area.

 

 

 

 

/c. Camping on the field

Camping on the field was discussed.

Resolved

It was agreed that camping on the field would be allowed providing the campers provide their own toilet facilities.

Action

Clerk to inform Jubilee Field Committee of the decision

17.67 Ferry

1) Takings of £460 have been banked with £12 being carried forward.

No action required

 

2) Cottage (number 3) have had permission to install a toilet in the cottage and have agreed to allow Ferry volunteers to use the toilet. Key to be provided.

No action required

 

3) Two residents from the village have agreed to donate a total of £1000 to enable the piling work to be completed on the left hand side of the ferry landing stage. Volunteers have agreed to help with the project

Resolved

It was agreed that the work should proceed

Proposed S. Sleight

Seconded K. Bonser

Motion duly carried.

Action

  1. Sleight to action

 

4) A quote for the ferry warning signage was received and discussed.

Resolved.

Two 1.2m x 1.8m signs and a directional sign are to be ordered at a cost of £262

Proposed D. Smith

Seconded H. Peberdy

Motion duly carried.

Action

  1. Sleight to action

 

5) It was proposed that flashing warning lights should be installed each side of the bank.

Action

  1. Hellier and S. Sleight to investigate

 

6) Cllr Brown has secured funding for three brown tourist signs for the Ferry.

No action required

 

17.68 Village Party

1) Invites are being designed and once printed will be delivered by S. Ponting

No action required

 

17.69 Allotments

No report

No action required.

 

17.70 Annual Parish Meeting

Minutes of the meeting held 3rd May 2017 were circulated and apprived. Matters arising from those minutes are as follows:

  • Request for the double yellow lines on Main Street to be extended partially across the bottom of Stonehurst Lane

Action

Email forwarded to NCC

Cllr Brown to discuss with NCC

 

17.71 Matters of Report

  • Details of ‘Red Ensign Day’ were circulated.

No action required.

 

  • Request was made for a speed hump to be installed when Main Street is resurfaced. Cllr Brown confirmed that it was no longer Nottinghamshire County Council’s policy to install speed humps. It was proposed that once the road was resurfaced the Parish Council would look at submitting an application for a Gateway Scheme.

No action required

 

  • A complaint was received regarding the flooding of Main Street/Far Lane and the fact that nothing had been done to stop the flooding despite numerous meetings with both Severn Trent Water and Nottinghamshire County Council. Cllr Brown agreed to contact the departments involved and to arrange a further meeting between Nottinghamshire County Council and the Parish Council. Pictures of the floods were taken and are to be forwarded to Nottinghamshire County Council and a request made for the drain to be unblocked

Action

Cllr Brown to arrange meeting.

  1. Smith to contact L. Trusler

 

  • It was confirmed that two trees are to be felled by Nottinghamshire County Council due to them being considered as dangerous.

No action required.

 

  • Following the concerns raised at the Annual Parish Meeting the wall at the school has been inspected by Nottinghamshire County Council. It was thought that the school would be invoiced for the inspection and possible repairs.

No action required

  • School are looking at the history of the Ferry and will be taken over the river by the Ferry master.

No action required

  • Concern was raised regarding Whites lorries travelling through the village. Cllr Brown confirmed that he is currently working on the possible weight restriction through the village.

Action

Letter to be sent to Whites

Next Parish Council meeting to be held 6th July 2017 at 7.30pm in the Hall

Meeting closed 20.30 pm.

 

This site is grateful for the support of local businesses and organisations including 

Soar Valley ServicesPeter Tyers AssociatesFarmer & Carlisle
Terracotta - The Old Canteen CafeWizzle

for more information about their goods or services please click on the links above

AmazingCounters.com